Protecting Your Rights after a DWI in Louisiana
Protecting Your Driving Privileges after a DWI in Lake Charles
Were you arrested in Lake Charles or in Calcasieu Parish for DWI? An arrest for DWI in Louisiana is a serious charge and is best handled by a professional and experienced attorney. Lake Charles DWI attorney Shane Hinch aggressively fights Louisiana DWI charges and protects the rights of his clients in court. With extensive experience in Louisiana DWI law, Shane Hinch understands the complexity of DWI law and helps clients build the best defense for their case. Calcasieu Parish DWI attorney Shane Hinch offers a free initial consultation to discuss your case and the DWI charges you face. To schedule a free initial consultation now, call (337) 214-4075 or you may fill out the consultation form. It is important that you do not wait to speak with a DWI attorney because time is important in your case. Call now for help with your Lake Charles DWI charges today.
- Shane Hinch is named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers
- Recognized as an expert in the field of Criminal Defense by Acadiana Profile Top Lawyers of 2014, a peer reviewed process conducted by Professional Research Services
- Extensive experience in fighting Louisiana DWI charges, and a proven track-record of success
- Selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine for attaining a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement
- Free initial consultation to begin discussing your case right away, simply call (337) 214-4075 or fill out the consultation form on the left side of this page
Louisiana drunk driving charges need to be taken seriously. It is important that you get in touch with a Lake Charles DWI attorney today or as soon as possible after an arrest for DWI in Calcasieu Parish. For a free consultation with Shane Hinch in Lake Charles, call (337) 214-4075 or fill out the consultation form.
Louisiana DWI Charges
An arrest for DWI in Louisiana results in two separate cases: a criminal proceeding for the intoxicated driving charge and the administrative proceeding which can lead to the suspension of your driver’s license. Shane Hinch can represent you in both cases to protect your rights, your freedom, and your driving privileges. After an arrest for DWI in Louisiana, it is important to remember that you have only 30 days after your arrest to request an administrative hearing in order to challenge the suspension of your driver’s license. If you do not request this hearing within the 15 day time period, your license will be automatically suspended.
If you are arrested for first offense DWI, you may face up to six months of imprisonment or fines up to $1000. You could be required to serve community service and attend mandatory meetings for substance abuse, driver impairment, or a MADD victims panel. If your BAC was over .15, you may face enhanced penalties. If your BAC was over .20, you may face increased penalties plus the required use of an ignition interlock device. The penalties for a second, third, and fourth offense or more DWI in Louisiana has separate and increased penalties. There are also specific penalties for Vehicular Homicide, Vehicular Negligent Injury, and Underage DWI. To discuss the specifics of your case, call Lake Charles DWI attorney Shane Hinch at (337) 214-4075 today.
About Lake Charles DWI Attorney Shane Hinch
Lake Charles DWI attorney Shane Hinch graduated from Albany Law School in 2004 with a Juris Doctor. He discusses all the legal options available to you in your Louisiana DWI case. He reviews every aspect of your DWI case to ensure that your rights were not violated at any point during your arrest, and will investigate all aspects of your case to ensure all proper protocols were followed by law enforcement. To fight DWI charges, an attorney needs to know how the police build their case, and Shane Hinch knows what police look for to use as evidence against you in the courtroom. With this knowledge and understanding of police procedures, Lake Charles DWI lawyer Shane Hinch can aggressively and effectively defend your case in the courtroom and challenge the prosecutor’s evidence against you.
Shane Hinch’s honors and awards include the following:
- Admitted and testified as an expert in Criminal Law by the Honorable Judge Sharon Wilson in the 14th Judicial District for the Parish of Calcasieu
- Recognized as an expert in the field of Criminal Defense by Acadiana Profile Top Lawyers of 2014, which is a peer reviewed process conducted by Professional Research Services
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent in 2013 and 2014 by Martindale Hubbell
- Selected for the 2014 Louisiana Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
Calcasieu Parish DWI lawyer Shane Hinch’s Professional Associations and Memberships include the following:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Justice
- Louisiana Association of Justice
- American Bar Association
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Contact a Calcasieu Parish DWI Attorney Today
To schedule a free initial consultation with Calcasieu Parish DWI attorney Shane Hinch, simply call (337) 214-4075 right away or fill out the consultation form. Time is important in Louisiana DWI cases so do not wait, and call today.
Call (337) 214-4075