Protecting Your Driving Privileges after a DWI in Grimes County
Safeguarding Your Rights After a DWI in Grimes County
If you are facing DWI charges in Texas, you need to speak with a DWI attorney immediately to protect your rights and your driving privileges. It is important to your case to understand what DWI charges entail, and in order to make the best decisions about how to handle your case, you need to contact an experienced Grimes County DWI attorney to look at the facts of your case. Douglas Atkinson, Attorney at Law, has defended hundreds of clients who have been charged with driving while intoxicated in Texas. With long-term experience, you can rely on Doug Atkinson to fight your charges aggressively with a focus on obtaining the best possible outcome.
Call (936) 449-7081
- Concentration specifically on drunk driving cases and Texas DUI and DWI law
- Doug Atkinson has years of experience and is trained to thoroughly evaluate drunk driving cases
- Impressive track-record of success and recognized in the legal community as an accomplished attorney
- Over 15 years of experience defending those charged with DWI, DUI, or other intoxication offenses
- Free initial consultation to discuss your charges and payment plans available
Anderson DWI lawyer Douglas Atkinson has significant experience defending clients arrested for driving drunk. He knows the local court system and is fully versed in Texas DWI laws. He will fight for your legal rights. Doug Atkinson can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
Don’t risk your future to just any attorney; contact Grimes County DWI attorney Douglas W. Atkinson by calling (936) 449-7081 or filling out the consultation request form to the left. The initial review of your case is free and confidential.
Penalties for a DWI in Texas
Being charged with Texas DWI can have serious consequences. Texas DWI Laws carry mandatory fines and jail time that can extend to ten (10) years in prison. Even a first time DWI offender faces a jail term of 72 hours to 6 months, fines of up to $2,000 and loss of Driver’s License. A conviction will result in a criminal arrest record.
After every arrest for suspicion of drunk driving, the Texas Department of Public Safety automatically takes action to suspend your driver’s license. If you do not request a special administrative hearing within 15 days of the date of your arrest, you will lose your license. Be aware that this is a separate action from the criminal case. You could be found innocent and still lose your license.
Anderson DWI attorney Douglas Atkinson can schedule the required hearing with the DPS. Having legal representation could increase the chances of keeping your driving privileges. Call Doug Atkinson for more information and immediate help.
What Doug Atkinson Can Do For You
Grimes County DWI attorney Douglas Atkinson can handle all phases of your DWI defense, including the driver’s license revocation hearing, filing early motions to suppress the prosecution’s case and seek dismissal or reduction of the charges, questioning whether there was reasonable suspicion and probable cause for a traffic stop, challenging evidence and preparing for a jury trial.
Time is very important if you want to keep your license. For the best possible results from your case, it also helps to submit motions ahead of the prosecution, so contact Douglas Atkinson now and have him start building your successful defense.
You can afford to hire a qualified and experienced attorney. In most cases, Grimes County DWI lawyer Douglas Atkinson does not require a down payment and he can set up a flexible pay plan that works with your budget. He also accepts all major credit cards. When weighing the cost of retaining a professional attorney, think of the consequences if you lose your DWI case.
To begin getting the help you need with your Texas DWI case, contact Anderson DWI attorney Doug Atkinson by filling out the form to the left or calling (936) 449-7081. Inquiries are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call now and save your license and your future.
- Successfully defended client charged with Driving While Intoxicated with blood test of 0.11. The jury rendered a unanimous verdict of NOT GUILTY.
- Successfully defended client charged with Driving While Intoxicated with breath test of 0.176. The jury rendered a unanimous verdict of NOT GUILTY.
- Successfully defended client charged with Driving While Intoxicated, causing a car accident. My client was at fault for the accident and the government called citizens and DPS troopers to the stand to testify. After cross examining the citizen witness, other citizen witnesses told the assistant district attorney they would not testify if they were going to be cross examined by me. The jury rendered a unanimous verdict of NOT GUILTY.
- Successfully defended client charged with Driving While Intoxicated while traveling at 110-120 miles per hour, running a red light and squealing tires while turning at an intersection. The jury rendered a unanimous verdict of NOT GUILTY.
- Obtained DISMISSAL of enhanced felony Driving While Intoxicated case where client faced a minimum of 25 years to Life sentence if convicted. This major victory which literally saved my clients life was accomplished by highlighting the illegal and unconstitutional stop of my client along with prejudicial statements by the law enforcement officer.
Call (936) 449-7081